We will prepare vanilla cookie dough for you and bake 2 heart shaped cookies for you.
You will use moulds to shape 2 cookies which we will then bake and you will decorate using painted techniques and cut outs. One heart shaped cookie you will pipe and flood; then learn how to create pulled hearts. The remaining cookie you will ice in sugarpaste, use fun font stamps to emboss a message, paint the message and complete the design with moulded roses.
- Tutorial - how to make the perfect cookie dough that holds its shape and won't spread.
- How to use moulds to shape cookies
- How to paint colour directly onto cookies
- Tutorial - all about royal icing
- How to make flood icing
- How to pipe an outline and flood a cookie
- How to add polka dots and pulled hearts
- How to ice a cookie with sugarpaste
- How to use fun font stamps to emboss a message
- How to paint the message
- How to use moulds to create roses and leaves
- How to store your cookies
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included - All the ingredients, icings, use of equipment and a box to take your cookies home are provided.
Attendees will receive a set of course notes and also a 10% discount in the shop on items used during the course.
We provide tea, coffee and drinking water - and of course cake.
You may like to bring an apron.