What an amazing day! You will learn how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMB) and then how to split, fill and cover your cake. Learn how to create on trend colour patching. Moving on learn a range of flowers, all piped from SMB which you will use to adorn your cake. Jam packed with skills this is a fabulous day and you go home with a beautiful and yummy cake.
- Tutorial, what is Swiss meringue buttercream
- Demonstration - how to make SMB, how to add colour, how to store
- How to split, fill and crumb coat your cake
- How to use ganache plates and how to ice your cake in SMB
- How to create patch colour
- How to pipe David Austen roses
- How to pipe hydrangeas
- How to pipe carnations
- How to pipe peony buds
- How to pipe gypsophila
- How to pipe closed roses
- How to pipe leaves
- How to assemble your flower crescent
- Tutorial - how to store your cake
- Tutorial - how to transport your cake
Everything is included, the cake, buttercream, use of equipment, materials and a box to take home your cake.
You may like to bring an apron.
We provide tea, coffee and cake.
Most people choose to bring a packed lunch but there is a deli a short walk from us if you prefer.
Attendees receive a set of course notes and a 10% discount in the shop on items used throughout the day.
For a hot day, we still managed fab looking cakes thanks to Lindas help, hints & directions. Great templates + fab instructions.
— Sarah Morrison-Lane, 21st July 2019
Brilliant tutor great course would recommend to everyone.
— Sue Butcher, 6th July 2019
Amazing course with amazing results - would definitely recommend. Extremely good tutor.
— Aimee Shortland, 19th July 2006
Fab day. Excellent course. Learnt lots. Brilliant tutor very knowledgeable. Next course already booked.
— Sharon Hodsdon, 19th July 2006
More than expected. Very informative. Learned lots of piping skills. Very good tutor.
— Caroline Ward, 19th July 2006