We will bake you 4 cupcakes which you will then decorate with 4 different springtime flowers designs . The skills learnt are suitable not only for cupcakes but also cookies and celebration cakes. We will explain stage step by step so whether you are a complete beginner or a more experienced cake decorator looking for new ideas you will go home inspired and delighted. Two cupcakes will be iced completely in sugarpaste, the other two you will make a sugarpaste topper to sit on a swirl of buttercream or frosting.
- How to flat ice a cupcake with sugarpaste
- How to create cupcake topper discs
- Tutorial - what is modelling paste and flower paste
- How to use moulds to create a range of spring flowers, butterflies and bows
- How to use dust colours to enhance your flowers.
- How to use a cake steamer
- How to use a sugar gun
- How to create free-style leaves
- How to use a veiner
- Tutorial - how to fill a piping bag
- Tutorial - how to use an adapter and the key benefits.
- How to pipe a plain swirl
- How to pipe a rose swirl
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included - the cupcakes, icings and use of equipment. A box is provided for you to transport your cupcakes home. Students receive a set of course notes. Students also receive a 10% discount on shop purchases on items used on the course.
We provide tea/ coffee/ drinking water and cake.
You may like to bring an apron