You will make a sleigh from pastillage, add glitter (if liked) and then make a modelled Father Christmas, presents and snowflakes. Perfect to place on the top of your Christmas cake or you could use it as a display item in conjunction with cupcakes/ other cakes.
- Tutorial - how to make and colour pastillage
- Using templates (provided) make sleigh pieces
- How to glitterise the sleigh pieces
- How to assemble the sleigh using royal icing
- What is modelling paste, how to add colour and how to use it
- Top tips and essential modelling techniques
- How to create a modelled Father Christmas
- How to make presents from sugar paste
- How to make snowflakes
- How to use royal icing, glitter flakes and mini dragees to create 'snow' effects
- How to store and how to transport your creation.
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included. The materials, use of equipment, box to take your Father Christmas home and detailed course notes. Students also have a 10% discount in the shop on all items used throughout the course.
We provide tea, coffee, drinking water and cake.
My first attempt at modelling - and will not be my last!! Everything explained and help when needed. Tutor very good. In fact excellent,
— Angela, 19th December 2019
This course was so much fun! Enjoyed it so much! Linda was brilliant - as always. So helpful, knowledgeable and patient.
— Diane, 18th December 2019
I absolutely loved this course. So many techniques used. Much much more than expected. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
— Delenda, 18th December 2019