We will bake luxury chocolate Madeira cakes and prepare chocolate ganache buttercream for you. You will create your own fault line cake and also make a selection of filled chocolates to decorate your cake - it's like 2 courses in 1 - not only will you learn how to create the trending fault line cake, you will also temper chocolate and make a selection of filled chocolates.
- Using chocolate ganache buttercream and your choice of curd/ jam you will split and fill your cakes.
- Learn the professional crumb coat technique.
- How to apply sprinkles
- How to use ganache plates
- How to achieve a perfect finish on your fault line buttercream cake. We share our top tips, insider secrets and professional knowledge on how to achieve a smooth, even finish, sharp edges and a perfectly level top.
- How to temper chocolate (choose white, milk or dark)
- How to use cocoa butter painting techniques to enhance your chocolates
- How to create filled chocolates
- How to use metallic lustres and irridescent colours to enhance your chocolates
- How to create a metallic paint and how to paint the detail on your 'fault line'
- How to pipe ruffle swirls to complete your cake design
This is a very comprehensive course covering a wide range of buttercream and chocolate skills and you will go home with an amazing cake.
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
The course price includes everything you need to decorate your cake and make filled chocolates including boxes to take them home. We will provide a luxury chocolate madeira cake, cake fillings, chocolate ganache buttercream, chocolate and the fillings, all of the materials, all sugarcraft tools and equipment. Course attendees will also receive a full set of course notes and a discount sheet which gives exclusive discounts on the items used during the course purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop on the day of your course.
Course attendees receive a set of chocolate moulds to use on the day and then take home with them! The set comprises 6 trays of re-usable chocolate moulds in a variety of shapes and sizes and come in a storage carry case.
We will provide refreshments (tea, coffee, water, cake). You may like to bring a packed lunch and an apron.