Begin the day by making your own cookie dough. Learn the secrets of creating a dough that holds its shape and doesn't spread during baking. You will make a selection of cookies using cutters and also some using moulds. Whilst the cookies are baking and cooling learn how to make the perfect royal icing. You will learn a host of decorative techniques for your cookies.
- How to make cookie dough
- How to add colour to cookie dough - marbled and solid colours
- How to roll cookie dough and cut even cookies
- How to create moulded cookies
- How to perfectly bake cookies
- How to paint colour directly onto cookies
- Tutorial - what is Royal icing and how to make it
- How to add colour to royal icing
- How to make flood icing
- How to ice a cookie with sugarpaste
- How to pipe an outline and flood a cookie
- How to add polka dots, pulled hearts, double layer pulled hearts and feathering to your cookie designs
- How to pipe lines, scrolls, dots, pearl beading
- How to pipe detail onto your cookies
- Brush embroidery
- How to store your cookies
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included - All the ingredients, icings, use of equipment and boxes to take your cookies home are provided.
Attendees will receive a set of course notes and also a 10% discount in the shop on items used during the course.
We provide tea, coffee and drinking water - and of course cake.
You may like to bring an apron and a packed lunch (there is a local deli a short walk from the shop)