You will love this course if you want to learn the fun art of cupcake decorating in a relaxed way, at your own pace.
Over the course of 4 weeks we will take you from novice to confident in a variety of styles, giving you a bank of skills on which to build.
The idea behind this course is to give you all the essential skills to bake and decorate delicious and beautiful cupcakes. Throughout the four week course learn to bake vanilla and double chocolate cupcakes as well as key cupcake decorating skills such as how to make the perfect frosting and buttercream, confident piping including piped swirls, the rose swirl, and novelty piping. You will work with a selection of professional icings - sugar paste, modelling paste and flower paste as well as specialist equipment including cutters, moulds and modelling tools. We provide everything you need – each week you will take home a box of cupcakes to enjoy!
This is how a cake course should be – fun filled and overflowing with new knowledge and inspiration to take home.
- How to bake vanilla cupcakes
- How to bake double chocolate chip cupcakes
- How to professionally cover cupcakes with sugar paste
- Tutorial – how to make pure white vanilla frosting
- How to colour frosting
- How to choose piping bags and nozzles
- How to fill a piping bag
- How to use an adapter
- How to hold a piping bag
- How to pipe rose swirls, 'Mr Whippy' swirls, mini rosettes, stars
- Tutorial – flower paste, what is it and how to use
- How to use flower paste to create dainty flower decorations, hearts and stars
- Introduction – how to use moulds
- Tutorial - what is modelling paste and how to use it
- How to use a selection of professional modelling tools
- How to use food pens
- How to use texture mats
- How to use sugar paste to create novelty effects
- How to create dome cupcakes
- How to freeze cupcakes
- Tutorial - why cupcake cases come away and how to prevent it
- Storage & transportation of your cupcakes and decorations
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything you need is included.
The course price includes everything you need to decorate your cupcakes, a box and a cake bag to take them home. We will provide the ingredients, all the materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and refreshments. Course attendees will also receive a full set of course notes and a discount sheet on items used during the course purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop for the duration of your course.
- What's the skill level?
Any level, beginners and upwards. This is a perfect course for absolute beginners and those wanting to increase your repertoire.
- Are there any age restrictions?
Age 14+ (under 16 must be accompanied by an adult partaking in the course)
- What are the course times?
4 x 2.5 hour lessons
- What do I need to bring?
We provide everything you need.
It was a fantastic course, My tutor was amazing! Very sad to finish.
— Emma Harvey, 15th February 2013
Thank you for a lovely 4 weeks.
— Rebecca Hammond, 14th February 2013
Really enjoyed the course and looking forward to booking another one! My tutor was excellent.
— Paula, 12th February 2013
Very fun course, I didn't want it to end.
— Michelle Lyndon, 11th February 2013
Excellent and fun course, would definitely recommend, shame it was just 4 weeks!
— Katie Brooks, 11th February 2013