Decorate 5 fruit cakes to create this fun and magical Christmas woodland. Be amazed at what you can create when taught step by step. The cakes can easily be separated to share with family and friends. This a fast paced course, packed with so many skills and techniques
- How to marzipan fruit cakes (panelling method)
- How to ice fruit cakes using sugar paste
- How to ice a cake board
- How to stack cakes
- Storage and transportation of your cake
- How to create bark effects
- How to carve cakes
- Modelling techniques - fun robin, 'elegant robins', mice, mince pies
- How to create realistic berries from flower paste including wiring techniques
- How to use the letter stamps
- Working with royal icing - icicles, snow effects, flood techniques, colouring
- How to use moulds - Christmas lights, silver birch
- How to use the sugar gun
- Painting and dusting techniques
and lots more!
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included
All the edibles - the cakes, marzipan, icing, colours, glaze
The materials - boards, boxes, dowels, ribbon, tape, wires
Equipment - you will need a silver birch mould to create the exact texture shown in the picture which you can purchase with an exclusive student discount (or we will show you an alternative technique), you may like to purchase the Christmas lights mould, we will provide all other equipment for you to use.