From baking, making buttercream, to splitting, filling and stacking you will make your own 2-tier stacked naked cake. The day will begin with lining a cake tin and baking a maderia cake (we will provide the bottom tier for you). Whilst the cake is baking and cooling you will make your own traditional buttercream using your choice of flavoured icing sugar. We will demonstrate how to make Swiss meringue buttercream. You will split and fill the bottom tier using your choice from a selection of jams and curds and the buttercream you have made. You will split and fill the top tier using your choice from a selection of jams and curds and Swiss meringue buttercream. Learn even layering, piped bulbs, swirls, flat smooth ring and a semi naked finish. Use dowels. We will provide a small flower spray in a selection of colours to complete the design. Learn how to use fruit, fresh flowers, how to transport, keeping times and lots more.
- How to line a cake tin
- How to bake a madeira cake including choosing ingredients and troubleshooting
- How to make buttercream
- Demonstration - how to make Swiss meringue buttercream
- How to professionally layer your cake
- How to make and use sugar syrup
- How to select fillings and flavour combinations
- How to fill a piping bag
- How to pipe bulbs
- How to pipe stars
- How to effectively fill a cake without oozing fllings!!
- How to create a smooth ring finish
- How to create a semi naked finish
- How to dowel and stack cakes
- Tutorial - keeping times, transportation, portion guidance
- Finishing touches - how to use fresh flowers, fruit, sugar flowers
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
The course price includes everything you need to create your 2-tier naked cake and a boxes to take it home. We will provide all the materials, use of all sugarcraft tools, equipment, a sugar flower spray and refreshments. Course attendees will also receive a full set of course notes and a discount sheet which entitles you to exclusive discounts on items purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop on the day of your course.