Make chocolate hearts decorated with sprinkles - perfect on their own or use to decorate cupcakes
Prepare the mould
- Polish each cavity of a heart mould using kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle 100s & 1000s, tiny pink pearls, baby sprinkle hearts or your choice of edible sprinkle into the base of each cavity in the heart mould.
Prepare the chocolate
- Either temper chocolate (see the Chocolate recipe card for full instructions) or melt candy buttons. Pour your tempered (melted) chocolate into a paper piping bag, fold the top down and snip the end off.
- Carefully fill each cavity with the chocolate
Leave to set
- Leave the chocolates to set at room temperature.
- Once the chocolate has set (it will look matt) place the chocolate mould into the fridge. (This causes the chocolate to contract/ shrink so it comes out of the mould more easily)
Now they're ready.....
- Remove from the fridge, and turn the mould over - tap and the chocolate sprinkle hearts will drop out of the mould.
- Ta-dah! All ready to use. Package in little cellophane bags and tie with ribbon or use to decorate cakes, cupcakes and desserts.