This fast paced course is jam- packed with techniques - be amazed at how much you learn and go home with a real show-stopper for your Christmas centrepiece.
- Tutorial - what is pastilage and how to make it
- How to make pastillage castle turrets
- How to ice a cake board
- How to use piping jelly to create 'water'
- Marzipan your cakes using both the all in one method and also the panel method.
- Ice your cakes in sugarpaste
- Create marbled paste
- How to use texture mats and embossers
- How to use moulds
- How to use a range of cutters and techniques
- How to create stairs, steps and a balustrade
- How to make penguins from icing
- Use of lustre sprays
- How to use food pens
- How to use metallic paints and lustre dusts
- Tutorial - what is royal icing, uses and storage
- How to use royal icing to create 'snow' effects
- How to pipe icicles
- How to stack cakes, the use of dowels and transportation
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is included - the 5 fruit cakes, marzipan, icing, boards, box, dowels, colours and use of equipment. Students also receive a comprehensive set of notes and a 10% on shop purchases (on items used on the course) for the duration of the course. We provide tea, coffee, drinking water and cake. You may like to bring an apron.