Have fun learning how to model a delightful koala and then sit him on a quilted effect iced cupcake
You will learn the basic principles and skills of successful modelling, using novelty effects and colour. Let your imagination run wild and use the skills you learn to experiment and create your own works of art for any celebration, or just for fun.
- Tutorial – what is modelling paste, why you‘d choose it and a variety of ways to make it.
- How to work with modelling paste – our top tips and golden rules
- How to use a size guide
- How to model a koala
- How to make leaves using a mould
- How to use a selection of modelling tools to best effect to enhance your modelled creations
- How to use dust colours to enhance your models
- To to create quilted paste
- How to ice a cupcake with sugarpaste
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
The course price includes everything you need to create the modelled scene and a box to take them home. We will provide all materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and refreshments. Course attendees will also receive comprehensive course notes and 10% discount on items purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop on the day of your course.