You will learn the basic principles of modelling - from what paste to use, adding colour, basic techniques and how to best use professional modelling tools to enhance your decorations. Moving on you will make quilted cupcake toppers. We will bake you 4 yummy vanilla cupcakes - you will pipe a swirl on each and then top with ther make-up themed toppers you've made. Go home with a box of delightful cupcakes to share.
- Tutorial – what is modelling paste, why you‘d choose it and a variety of ways to make it.
- How to work with modelling paste – our top tips and golden rules
- How to create quilted paste
- How to make cupcake toppers and how to store them
- How to model a range of make-up themed decorations
- How to use moulds
- How to use pearl lustre spray
- How to use a selection of modelling tools to best effect to enhance your modelled creations
- How to add lustre dusts to enhance your decorations
- How to pipe a rose swirl
Annabelle established Confection Perfection (now re-branded as Annabelle Jane Cake School) in 1996 from her kitchen table; bought her first retail premises in 2000 and is now settled in a delightful setting in Bearsted, just outside Maidstone. Annabelle has extensive cake decorating experience and is highly creative and artistic. Annabelle is an accredited tutor for the PME Diplomas in Sugar craft and also designs and delivers a wide range of other highly successful cake baking and decorating classes. Annabelle has a huge vision for our Cake School and ensures that the strong reputation we have earned continues to grow lead by her consistently high standards.
Everything is provided for you (you may like to bring an apron) - We provide the cupcakes, icings and use of equipment, a box to take your cupcakes home in and a set of comprehensive course notes.
Students recieve a 10% discount in the shop on items used during the course.
We provide tea, coffee, drinking water and cake.